3.25.2010

Live is always better.

Last night I went to Zanzabar to meet up with my friend, Tyler, and watch Mayer Hawthorne perform. May I remind you that last night was a Wednesday and probably not the best idea for my 7am wake up call. Oh well because it was worth it.

I hadn't heard of Mayer before Tyler sent me the link to his myspace.

Artist: Mayer Hawthorne
Song: Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Please Nothin



I have to admit I listened to a few songs and wasn't crazy. However live performances are always better, and now I have him on replay. Part of it had to do with the fact that Zanzabar has a vary small performance area making it way more intimate. I also had a turkey club for a late night dinner, and if you know me then you know a turkey club always make me happy. Anyways check this guy out. He has a very retro soul vibe. I would recommend going to his myspace, but I always fall back on itunes to get samples of music. Apple just makes it so easy.

Favorites by Mayer Hawthorne: Maybe so Maybe no, The Ills, Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin', Make Her Mine, One Track Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment