4.15.2010

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me you can call me Al.

So we are headed to the weekend, and a great weekend it will be. I'm in good spirits and whenever that is the case I find myself listening to Paul Simon. Nothing old school about this one because I think every person my age should have some of their greatest hits.

My personal favorites are "50 ways to leave your lover". Not that I have a lover to escape from but the chorus and beat line are very catchy.



Also "Me and Julio Down by the School Yard". Funny thing about creating a blog was coming up with a title I could live with. I wanted the address and the title to match so that was a challenge in itself. Every time I thought of a lyric from a favorite song there was already a blog that either had that title or web address. I mean someone seriously had meandjuliodownbytheschoolyard.blogspot.com, and on top of that they had picked it because it was so obscure that they could use the blog as their personal diary. What a waste of a good lyric.
How I settled on Sussudio was sadly a two hour event of trial and error, but I'm happy with it.

"You Can Call Me Al" Does anyone remember that TV show with a weird animal like creature named Al. I'm struggling here and pretty sure no one knows what I'm talking about.

"Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes"
"Slip Sliding Away"
"Still Crazy After All These Years"
"Late In The Evening"
"Graceland"

If you want me to keep going I can.

4 comments:

  1. so i checked up on this meandjuliodownbytheschoolyard.blogspot.com. one of her interests is homicide. that's all i have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my memory serves me well... They called him Al; which is short for Alf.
    Why is there a shorter name to a 3 letter name? No clue whatsoever.

    "Alf" is the name of the TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my memory serves me correctly... They called him Al; which was short for Alf.

    Why is there a shorter name to a 3 letter name? No clue whatsoever.

    "Alf" is the name of the TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I'm actually not sure they ever called him AL. My memory might have tricked me and you.

    ALF ALF ALF. You are right! I have been silently thinking about this for years.

    ReplyDelete